Here are five great (per me) quotes I've recently come across and committed to PowerPoint. FYI:
"Courtesies of a small and trivial character are the ones which strike deepest in the grateful and appreciating heart."—Henry Clay
"The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time. The last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."—Richard Templar, The Rules of Management
"Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go."—William Feather, author ("Eighty percent of success is showing up."—Woody Allen)
"If it feels painful and scary—that's real delegation."—Caspian Woods, small biz owner
"Seek honest, minimalist management. Look for companies run by a team that explains things clearly and briefly. ... You can tell a lot about the firm by reading an annual report or two. If management can't explain the business in plain English, move on to another firm. If you see phrases like 'creating knowledge-based value in emerging markets' ... someone is trying to pull the wool over your eyes, you lazy Fool. Run."—Seth Jayson, "Stocks for the Lazy Investor," The Motley Fool
Before blogging became all the rage, Tom was posting book reviews and Observations (essentially early blog posts) to this site. You can find the archives below.
What we're talking about
on the front page.