"Leaders have to be ready to adapt, to move, to forget yesterday." Tom Peters
Books I'm reading this summer:
(1) Banker to the Poor: Micro-lending and the Battle Against World Poverty, Muhammad Yunus, founder of THE GRAMEEN BANK. Companion book: The Price of a Dream: The Story of the Grameen Bank, David Bornstein]
(2) BOBOS in Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There, David Brooks
(3) The Global Me: New Cosmopolitans and the Competitive Edge, G. Pascal Zachary
(4) Selling Is a Woman's Game: 15 Powerful Reasons Why Women Can Outsell Men, Nicki Joy & Susan Kane-Benson
(5) The Bottom Line of Green Is Black: Strategies for Creating Profitable and Environmentally Sound Businesses, Tedd Saunders & Loretta McGovern
FUN STUFF: (1) NON-FICTION. Nathaniel's Nutmeg, or The True and Incredible Adventures of the Spice Trader Who Changed the Course of History, Giles Milton
(2) FICTION. Revolutionary Road, Richard Yates
And ... of course ... Harry Potter IV.
These slides are in Microsoft PowerPoint format. If you don't have PowerPoint, you can download the free PowerPoint Viewer.
Before blogging became all the rage, Tom was posting book reviews and Observations (essentially early blog posts) to this site. You can find the archives below.
What we're talking about
on the front page.